International students are utilizing PGWP their stay in Canada to work
Highlights: PGWPs has become the direct path for international students to obtain Canada PR
- PGWP are a valuable tool for obtaining a Canadian permanent residency.
- Number of PGWP holders has increased from 10,300 to 64,700 during 2008-18.
- There are over 807,000 international students in Canada with valid study permits.
- PGWP lets its holder to work for any Canadian employer for three years.
- From 2008 to 2018 the number of PGWP holders has increased by 528%
*Want to work in Canada? Check your eligibility in the Canada Skilled Immigration Points Calculator
International students graduating from Designated Learning Institutions utilize the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) program to extend their stay to work and build a life in Canada.
Between 2008 and 2018, statistics reveal an increase of 528% was witnessed in the total number of PGWP holders, from 10,300 to 64,700.
Why are international students seeking for PGWPs?
There are over 807,000 international students in Canada with valid study permits.
The primary reason why more and more international students opting for PGWP:
- PGWP lets Canadian international student graduates work in the country.
- Through PGWP, one can also obtain permanent residency in Canada.
Median earnings of PGWP holders during 2008-18
|Year||Median earning for valid PGWP holders with positive T4 earnings|
In 2018, the province with the highest median earnings for PGWP holders was Alberta, with $32,000.
PGWPs allow international students to get Canadian PR
International students increasingly utilize the PGWPs after completing their education to obtain a Canadian PR.
The permit lets its holder work for any employer in Canada for three years. And the work experience received after that benefits these students as the Canadian PR pathways directly reward applicants with Canadian work experience.
As per Statistics Canada’s reports, “almost three-quarters of all PGWP holders became permanent residents within five years of having obtained their PGWP”.
Are you looking to migrate to Canada? Talk to Y-Axis, the World’s no.1 Immigration & Visa Company.
If you found this blog engaging, you may also like…
Quebec invests $5.3 million for the settlement of young immigrants
New Brunswick, Canada International Recruitment Event is now open for registrations. Reserve your spot!
Canada issued 667 ITAs in Express Entry PNP-only draw
#International #students #utilizing #PGWP #stay #Canada #work